[AMPS] 3 phase HT power supplies.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 3 phase HT power supplies.
From: F6dro@aol.com (F6dro@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 06:35:25 EST
Hi David,

I use a 3 phases PSU on my 2 mtr QBL amp and I'm very satisfied with it (5Kv
1.1amp).
I use a 4 uF filtering cap with choke input....Soft start via resistors in
the primary , shorted after some time by a relay. I use big molded rectifiers
bars (6 bars) , I believe it is F80 H or something like that , I fact I don't
remember too well as I never needed to open the box again in 15 years!!!!
Primary is protected by a fast breaker .
I found very interesting while in the amplifier test phase, to be able to
start at a reduced plate voltage simply by choosing the right primary
configuration (Y or delta) , and once it works , apply the full voltage by
changing it.
Of course as I wrote this design worked flawlessly 15 years , it will
probably fail today...

73's Dom