[AMPS] Two XFMR in parallel

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Two XFMR in parallel
From: phil@vaxxine.com (Phil (VA3UX))
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 08:07:16 -0500
In order for 2 transformers to be connected in parallel, the windings that
will be in parallel need to be identical (or nearly identical ) in terms of
voltage and impedance.  In your case, the winding with the lower impedance
will carry most of the load and the higher impedance winding will carry
very little load current.  Without more data on the transformers, it is
difficult to say which winding will do what.  In summary, you probably
won't achieve your goal with the 2 transformers you have.

Phil