[AMPS] DSP & and other curiosities

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] DSP & and other curiosities
From: wc6w@juno.com (Radio WC6W)
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:16:57 EST
On Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:15:46 -0500 "Doug Hall" <doug@nc.rr.com> writes:

>You have it backwards - FIR filters are phase linear, and have a fixed
group
>delay, whereas IIR filters do not. IIR filters mimic the operation of
analog
>filters (Butterworth, elliptical, etc.) but FIR filters are not
realizable
>in the analog world.
>73,
>Doug, K4DSP

Hi Doug,
  Just for the history books, I can offer one example of an "analog" FIR.

   The Reticon (last I heard acquired by EG&G) FIR filters (part no.
RT5602, if memory serves this morning) which were implemented with bucket
brigade technology.

   I used one of those to implement an outboard CW filter about 15 years
ago.

73,
  Marv  WC6W

*