[AMPS] ALPHA 86: Comments Please!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] ALPHA 86: Comments Please!
From: dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 01:17:48 -0500
Some caution is advisable. My understanding is that there were PIN diode
problems in the 86 and that the factory fix is very expensive ($1500?) A
friend bought an 86 not too long ago, only to discover major IMD problems.
He tracked it down to the bad PINs. Rather than pay to have the amp fixed,
he just bypassed the whole T/R system with a relay.

73, Dick WC1M