[AMPS] FCC & online Auctions

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] FCC & online Auctions
From: RMcGraw@InfoAve.Net (Bob & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 21:21:17 -0800
As I read it, 9KW out using a SO-239 for the output connector????  At 50
ohms that's 671 volts at 13.4 amps.

Now if the amp is 50% efficient it's running about 18KW input for 9KW
out (not including the 1KW from the modified Drake L4-B).  From a 230
volt line that's 80 amps!  How does a 50 amp breaker switch the HV
on???  (oh, I must have been in error, does it run off of 3 phase 440?)
Gee, I've always been impressed how the 11M bunch can change the laws of
physics.

I don't suppose that PA coil will tune 160M.  Looks like a serious 10M
TVI generator to me.

73
Bob K4TAX