[AMPS] Clipperton help

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Clipperton help
From: baycock@HIWAAY.NET (Bill Aycock)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 17:20:39 -0600
I have followed, and participated in, the recent Clipperton L  Thread- Have
learned MUCH. But, I have a mixed answer that I need more help on.

Tom says the Clipperton can easily be made to oscillate in the HF region,
when set to 10M settings, and that I should 'Bite the bullet' and
neutralize it.

Rich says that several Amp manufacturers tried to neutralize GG amps, and
had no success.

I dont want to fry my 'new to me' Clipperton, which now has the 10M mods
completed. (earlier owner[s] had only done half the job).

You see my quandry? I need claification, or help. until I learn more, I
will plan to just put it on lower bands, and avoid the 10m settings. I dont
mind learning at the cost of popping and replacing a few resistors and
hand-would chokes, but I dont really want to buy new tubes, 4 at a time.

Any help really appreciated. Any good references on GG amps to recommend?

Bill-W4BSG
-
Bill Aycock   ---   Persimmon Hill
 Woodville, Alabama, US 35776