[AMPS] Additional Tube Brand Question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Additional Tube Brand Question
From: da_kang@hotmail.com (Jeff Wolf)
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 16:04:23
>How useful is a bias voltage that wanders with temperature?

I found an easy fix for that.  Use #12 wire (what I had on hand) to run a
string of zeners perfboard mounted to the fan entrance to the SB220.  A
simple angle bracket attached the zeners to the stock fan mounting holes,
and I need not worry about thermal runaway or problems with overheating and
destroying the diodes.

Best of both worlds..  When changing tubes from Eimac to Amperex, just move
the tap on the diodes to get the proper ZSAC

Toll Free