[AMPS] SB-220: Operate/Standby Switch

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-220: Operate/Standby Switch
From: oz1pif@get2net.dk (Peter Frenning, OZ1PIF)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 15:11:50 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Marston" <k1ta@contesting.com>
To: "measures" <2@vc.net>
Cc: "Peter Chadwick" <Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com>; "amps"
<amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 2:41 PM
Subject: Re: [AMPS] SB-220: Operate/Standby Switch

> Rich wrote
>
> >>If you amortize cost over the years, it may
> >>may well be cheaper for the customer too. Hams can be very tight
> fisted.......
> >>
> >Good engineering is often cheaper in the long run.
>
> That may be true Rich but most companies don't think long run. That is why
> planned obsolescence is the dominant mode in automobile manufacturing. For
> every Mercedes there are several Fords, Chryslers and Chevys.

One observation: how many enginers drive Mercedes? Most I have known drive
the Fords etc. and not the superbly engineered and much longer lived
Mercedeses.
(proud and happy owner of a 15year old Mercedes Diesel)

Vy 73 de OZ1PIF, Peter

Sound clips from OX2K operation "off the air":
http://hjem.get2net.dk/oz1pif/OX2K-sound.htm

email: oz1pif(no-spam-filler)@get2net.dk
http://hjem.get2net.dk/oz1pif
Shack Ph. +45 4619 3208