[AMPS] 4CX1600B

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4CX1600B
From: vogler@innercite.com (Bill Vogler)
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 14:50:08 +0000
Chris's original question of the long term supply situation of has not
been answered. It appears that the channel of supply for both Tony and
Tom is the surplus market (correct me if I am wrong). The next question
that I have to ask from Ray's post that the 4cx1600b can be purchased
through PM Components in the UK are these tubes new and being shipped
from Svetlanta, or are they old stock? If these are old stock then there
is clearly a problem with supply. If they are new stock then who in the
US would want to have an amplifier that one has to go to the UK to buy a
tube!

There is clearly a problem going on with Svetlanta and the US operation.
I personally know a ham that got laid off in the California branch
office
and he is not talking. He asked that his name not be used. Why did
Svetlanta close their US office?  Every one I talk to gives me a
different answer to what is going on, not a good sign.

I have the same question about long term supply of the 4cx1600b and it
appears to be a tuff question to answer.

73s

Bill, w6qd