[AMPS] Sigma XR-3000D meter movement value

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Sigma XR-3000D meter movement value
From: ku7i@hotmail.com (Lane Zeitler)
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 11:41:33 -0800
Gents,
When installing a new HV meter multiplier for my Sigma XR-3000D I discoverd
that the meter movement for the HV side may not be a 1ma meter movement.
According to the scat there are three 1 megaohm resistors used in addition
to a 1K trimmer pot as the HV meter multiplier string. First of all this
does not jive with the meter scale since it goes up to 3500 volts. If the
meter movement is 1ma FS then we should see three 1 meg resistors and five
100k units. Anyway, I install three 1 meg 1% resistors in series with (7)
100K 1% units so I can "trim" the setting and the meter barely moves off of
scale, maybe by a 1/16th on an inch. I wonder if the meter is not 1 ma FS
but maybe something different. The scats also have errors in them. Just
wondering if anyone else has any bench time with one of these monster 3-500Z
amps. It is beutifully built and weighs in at abt 95 pounds.

Lane
Ku7i