[AMPS] Remote RF Coax Switch

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Remote RF Coax Switch
From: vogler@innercite.com (Bill Vogler)
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 19:35:37 -0800
Sorry if this post is a bit off topic, but I'm pretty impressed with the
breadth of knowledge in this group. I'm subscribed to too many mailing lists
so I don't want to join yet another one to ask this one question.

Is anyone out there familiar with the Antenna Mart remote RF coax switch? It
doesn't use the standard spot contact relays, but uses the Radio Switch
Corp. switch. It's specs are quite impressive:

    RSC-86 Switch Specifications:
    11 position requires aluminum outdoor enclosure

    1. 7000 volt peak flash-over at 60cps @ 1:1 Match.
    2. 20 ampere current capacity.
    3. Contact blades heavily coin silver plated.
    4. Self cleaning rotary wiping action.
    5. Low loss silicone impregnated Steatite Stators and Rotors.
    6. Motor drive by Collins Radio/ Globe motor gear reduction.
    7. 6KW-RF rating.

You can view this switch at Max Gain Systems website:

    http://www.mgs4u.com/catalog/page1.htm

Anyone out there have used one, seen one, or heard of any reports back from
the field? I was considering wx0b's ratpack ( 2 radio, 6 positions) b4 I ran
into this one.

73s

Bill, w6qd