[AMPS] "NEW" reports

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] "NEW" reports
From: jtml@lanl.gov (John T. M. Lyles)
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 11:13:32 -0700
I was sorting through some old Eimac looseleaf binders that I
scrounged (from several retiree's trash), and found a 1951 copy of
THE CARE AND FEEDING OF POWER TETRODES, Eimac Application Bulletin
#8. It is a classic 25 page treatise on the subject. I had never seen
this before. Also I grabbed App. Bulletin #9, titled SINGLE SIDEBAND,
which is 22 pages long, and has a cover photo of the then new
4CX1000A being installed into a nice looking amplifier chassis. It
includes datasheets for 4-65A, 4-125, 4-250A, 4-400A, 4-1000A,
4X250B, 4CX300A, 4CX1000A, 4W300B, 4CX5000A, 4E27A/5-125B, and
3X3000F1. Its dated 1958. Both of these pubs have lots of quality
photos of ham and commercial gear built with Eimac bottles at the
time. This sort of literature is priceless to me, and now takes its
place in my bookcase at work. For you collectors of old stuff out
there, keep an eye out for them at hamfests and technical libraries.

73
John
K5PRO