[AMPS] Plate caps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Plate caps
From: carlseye@tampabay.rr.com (carl seyersdahl)
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 08:00:59 -0400
This comes under the heading of my "for what it's worth" department. Having
had problems with tube plate caps coming loose because of tight fitting
ceramic covered connectors, I looked at other connector types. What I ended
up with works very well. I found that the small, spring type hose clamps
work extremely well. they are made of steel so it is neccessary to learn
about soldering to steel materials, which I learned from Rich Measures when
I first started making stainless steel and nichrome suppressors. These
clamps have never given me any trouble.They do require a little care in
installing and removing them, but they do hold tghtly, and do not stress the
plate caps at all if done properly. I've also found that the usual brass
type spring connectors eventually lose their spring and don't hold tightly.
The steel clamps can be found in the nearest auto supply store.  73 to all
carl / kz5ca