[AMPS] Toggle for Amp Supply AL-1000

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Toggle for Amp Supply AL-1000
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 23:00:08 -0400
> Don't know why you're so amazed, Tom.  Ameritron bought  Amp Supply
> Co. so figured they just might have the part.  Besides, would like an
> original replacement so that it would match the Opt/Sty switch right
> next to it.
>
> Kapeech?

The switch you want was an off-the-rack switch at Radio Shack. I
saw them hanging in Radio Shack in 1990 or so.

Ameritron NEVER owned Amp Supply.

It is very unlikely a company never owning another company would
be able to help you find a odd part like an illuminated panel switch
for the company they never owned, unless they happened to use a
similar part.

I don't think they are being "unhelpful" because they can't help you
find a $1.95 switch they never saw before in their lives.

By the way, the model of your amplifier is probably the LA-1000.
Amp Supply used LA and LK, Ameritron used AL. I'd wager the
person on the phone was very confused when you said AL-
1000...and told them they had the parts and even bought Amp
Supply. They are probably still scratching their heads over that call!

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com