[AMPS] Re: QB5/1750 russian equiv.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: QB5/1750 russian equiv.
From: DF3KV@aol.com (DF3KV@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 07:42:18 EDT

--part1_dd.12812bfe.27fc629a_boundary

Traian,

You are right, possibly those tubes were not build in russia but DDR.

We bought about 40 RS457 from Oppermann at 60,- DM each,
all were brandnew.

So far only 1 failed by an open antenna-relais...  ( after 15 minutes )

My personal amp with 3 tubes was build 1978 and never failed, still using the
same tubes by Valvo.
I am used to run Drake equipment, so hate blowers.

All amps at OTxA and DF0CG are build with a pair of those tubes and run
perfectly well.
So far I build or supported the construction of  at least 20 amplifiers with
QB5/1750 / RS457.

If you or a friend  intend to come to Friedrichshafen it will be my
pleasure to let you have  2 or 3 of those RS457 if you like.
I am shure that I never run out of spare tubes.

73 de Peter, DF3KV

--part1_dd.12812bfe.27fc629a_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Traian,
<BR>
<BR>You are right, possibly those tubes were not build in russia but DDR.
<BR>
<BR>We bought about 40 RS457 from Oppermann at 60,- DM each,
<BR>all were brandnew.
<BR>
<BR>So far only 1 failed by an open antenna-relais... &nbsp;( after 15 minutes )
<BR>
<BR>My personal amp with 3 tubes was build 1978 and never failed, still using
the
<BR>same tubes by Valvo.
<BR>I am used to run Drake equipment, so hate blowers.
<BR>
<BR>All amps at OTxA and DF0CG are build with a pair of those tubes and run
<BR>perfectly well.
<BR>So far I build or supported the construction of &nbsp;at least 20
amplifiers with
<BR>QB5/1750 / RS457.
<BR>
<BR>If you or a friend &nbsp;intend to come to Friedrichshafen it will be my
<BR>pleasure to let you have &nbsp;2 or 3 of those RS457 if you like.
<BR>I am shure that I never run out of spare tubes.
<BR>
<BR>73 de Peter, DF3KV
<BR>
<BR>