[AMPS] ?: Cooling

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] ?: Cooling
From: wc6w@juno.com (Radio WC6W)
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 11:24:02 -0700
A friend asked me this the other day... and, since I don't know, I
thought I'd ask the list.

  If a 4CX250 (or similar) tube is mounted with the screen ring directly
grounded by means of a flange (or perhaps finger stock) in a cavity, and
with the anode cooler provided the recommended air supply, then is any
additional cooling required on the base side, to keep the seal
temperatures within specs?

  Or would conduction cooling from the screen ring to the chassis be
sufficient?

73,
  Marv  WC6W

*