[AMPS] Need help with Ameritron AL-80A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Need help with Ameritron AL-80A
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 20:53:48 -0400

> >After this ip
> >current indicator goes full
> >scale even if I don't transmit (Grid meter indicates zero). If I
> >apply normal drive the grid current and ip current indicators go full
> >scale again. The wattmeter shows normal output power.
> >
> >Any idea?
>
> Sounds like the meter shunt(s) are open.
>
> (((73)))
> Phil, K5PC
'
More likely the ground from the meter switch board is
disconnected, or loose. It solders to a lug under the filter
capacitors, right where he changed the diode.

With that diode, it is impossible to burn out the shunts or meter
system. Sounds like a loose or unsoldered ground.

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com