[AMPS] silver

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] silver
From: Wt8r@aol.com (Wt8r@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 14:54:41 EDT
In a message dated 4/14/01 12:04:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
na9d@mindspring.com writes:

>  The heat is just losses in the coil.  1.5 KW on 10m is a lot of energy.
>  Think of how hot your 1.5 KW hair dryer gets.  There is some loss in the
>  coil and that is turned into heat.

 I would say that the "losses" to heat in a 1.5KW hair dryer are about 100%
since that is what it is designed to do....convert 60Hz electrical power to
HEAT.

"Think of how hot your 1.5 KW hair dryer gets."  If I hook a vertical antenna
to my hairdryer, can I use it as a spark gap transmitter ?

73 de

Dave, WT8R