[AMPS] 4CX350A (3 - 4CX250R's in parallel)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4CX350A (3 - 4CX250R's in parallel)
From: kb6lwn@callsign.net (KB6LWN - Bruce)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 12:44:25 -0700 (PDT)
There is also a nice design (from waht I can tell), in the
3rd Edition (1972) of the 'Radio Amateurs VHF Manual' on
page 106 for a Kilowatt Amp for 50 and 144 MHz, that uses
three 4CX250R (Ruggedized) (sim to 4CX250B) that might be
of interest to you.  Text says that plate can be anywhere
from 800 to 2000 vdc without having to alter screen or
drive levels to any great extent.

I didn't find a 'builder' callsign as is on some articles,
so all I can suggest is try to find a copy of this edition
or contact ARRL (if you're a member) and get an archive
copy from them.

Note: A listed variation for the design uses 4CX350A's.

I wish I knew more about this type of tube.  I have several
4X150A's and D's that I'd like to make use of, but I'll need
to find an Elmer that has experience with these, before I
start a project like THAT :-/

73 - Bruce