[AMPS] YC-156 Cathode/Filament question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] YC-156 Cathode/Filament question
From: norsan@bright.net (Norman Hockler)
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 14:50:03 -0400
Jeff,&nbsp; Who ever told you that the YC-156 was a giant 8877 does not
know that they are talking about.&nbsp; The YC-156 is a 3CPX5000A7.<br>
It is made by Eimac for GE medical.&nbsp; One side of the filament is the
cathode.&nbsp; For this reason do NOT use a center tapped filament
transformer.&nbsp; I sell the YC-156 and provide a complete set of specs
come with each tube I sell.<br>
de Norm&nbsp; N8NH<br>
At 09:46 PM 4/27/01 -0400, you wrote:<br>
list,</font><br>
I have a question about the YC-156. Does this tube have an indirectly
heated cathode. Someone told me that one side of the filament is tied
internally to the cathode. Someone else told me to treat this tube as a
giant 8877. If anyone would know this is the list. Could someone please
explain about the cathode and filament on this tube.Any help is
appreciated.<br>
Best Regards Jeff KD4LYH</blockquote><br>