[AMPS] Input impedance

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Input impedance
From: na9d@speakeasy.net (Jon Ogden)
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 23:11:11 -0500
on 5/24/01 10:28 PM, Bill Coleman  N2BC at n2bc@stny.rr.com wrote:

> How does one determine / calculate the input impedance in a cathode driven
> GG circuit?   A pointer to a book / article would be great.

I think there is generally a driving impedance specified by the tube data.
At least this is where I have gotten mine from.  Bill Orr's book has a table
of various tubes with the drive impedance specified.

In my "limited" experience, I have generally seen this information provided
in app notes from the manufacturers.  I am sure it can somehow be
calculated, but since I've never had to do it, I am not sure how it should
be done without sitting down and spending some time on it.  Perhaps someone
else can answer it better.

What tube are you looking for data on?  I'll see if it is in any of my
books/literature.

73,

Jon
NA9D