[AMPS] Filament ratings

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Filament ratings
From: g8gsq@qsl.net (Steve Thompson)
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 08:34:29 +0100
Thanks for the offer of help. One for starters is the STC 4011B (see it at
www.qsl.net/g8gsq )
which looks quite like 211/vt4. Another old domestic type is a Philips 323,
can't see inside to figure out what sort it is.

I'm waiting to get another look at the C1112 I mentioned before. Marv gave
4-250A equivalent from the Eimac catalogue, but in my own mind I'm convinced
that what I looked at was a triode. The guy with those said there were some
more similar tubes, but no markings to be seen on them. Hence the question
about measuring the filament V/I characteristic and trying to guage the
operating point from that.

Steve