[AMPS] Information needed. more info

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Information needed. more info
From: kb7ww@uswest.net (KB7WW Art Moe)
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 16:19:37 -0700

First I would like to thank all of those that have answered my question, but
there seems to be some confusion on what I was asking for.  I am not looking
for the original 144 mhz amplifier published in HAM RADIO AUGUST 1971. This
amplifier used the round copper water pipe for 1/2 wave anode lines. I have
built one of these and it is still running today. This was built when I was
operating on 144 mhz EME. The only problem is it is not very portable as
it is built in two short racks and I would guess the weight close to 350-
400 lb.  The power transformer weighs 185 lb by it's self.

An old (I mean long time) friend W7HR and I have decided to go back to doing
VHF contests from some of the mountain tops around the northwest, as we did
30 years ago. So we need to produce some reasonable amount of power on 144
mhz.  I recently acquired in a trade an JUNKER  AMP SUPPLY low band amplifier
that is going to be the new 144 mhz amplifier. What I have is the case, meters,
and complete high voltage supply.  The problem is the original 144 mhz W6PO
amplifier is 10 1/4 inches high and will not fit in the AMP SUPPLY case. The
220 W6PO amplifier is only 8 inches high and will fit in the case.

What I am looking for is the information on the modifications to the 220 mhz
amplifier that appeared in HAM RADIO June 1980. Some where HAM RADIO or THE
EME NOTES These changes were published.  So this is what I am looking for.

Thanks again for the help

Art
KB7WW