[AMPS] PS cabinet

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] PS cabinet
From: k7fm@teleport.com (Lamb)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 18:23:04 -0700
Hi Jim:

You might want to look at copier stands.  They are metal stands designed to
hold a copier on top.  They have a shelf to hold paper and toner cartridges
and are well built.  Because they are mass produced, they are sold at
competitive prices.

If you are lucky, you might find one sitting around someone's office that
was put in the corner when a new copier was purchased.  The large amp can be
placed on top of the pedestal.

The door allows easy access to all the components.  But, be sure to have an
interlock or lock or both to prevent the smell of burning flesh.  The
elevation allows ease of moving.

I had a beautiful rack mount chassis and box which I saved for years to put
a large power supply in.  But, everytime I thought about using it, I came up
with a projected clumsy result.  For me, the copier cabinet made a lot more
sense.  And, I found one for free in the back room.

73,  Colin  K7FM