[AMPS] Snap, Crackle and Pop

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Snap, Crackle and Pop
From: K4SO@aol.com (K4SO@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 07:36:01 EDT

--part1_119.87a6d9.2861e4a1_boundary

QROers,

My Henry 2KD Classic has developed an arc in the power supply. I'm running
this by the group to tell me what I think I already know.

The arc (observed in the dark) seems to go between the screw terminal on the
top of the capacitor board and down the "hole" which I think is provided for
the vent in the capacitor. It appears that some white material was present on
the top of the capacitor at the vent. I will be removing the board to examine
it, but I just wanted to have the failure of the capacitor confirmed.

Any tips on removing the board? It appears that once the screws are removed
from all the caps, the board will come out.

Should I just get a replacement from Henry or should all the caps be replaced?

Thanks for any thoughts.

73, Mark

--part1_119.87a6d9.2861e4a1_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>QROers,
<BR>
<BR>My Henry 2KD Classic has developed an arc in the power supply. I'm running
<BR>this by the group to tell me what I think I already know.
<BR>
<BR>The arc (observed in the dark) seems to go between the screw terminal on
the
<BR>top of the capacitor board and down the "hole" which I think is provided
for
<BR>the vent in the capacitor. It appears that some white material was present
on
<BR>the top of the capacitor at the vent. I will be removing the board to
examine
<BR>it, but I just wanted to have the failure of the capacitor confirmed.
<BR>
<BR>Any tips on removing the board? It appears that once the screws are removed
<BR>from all the caps, the board will come out.
<BR>
<BR>Should I just get a replacement from Henry or should all the caps be
replaced?
<BR>
<BR>Thanks for any thoughts.
<BR>