[AMPS] Filament voltage/bad advice

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Filament voltage/bad advice
From: Jim" <w7ry@earthlink.net (Jim)
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 20:34:37 -0700
I was able to increase the final tube life in a UHF television transmitter
(channel 63, 717.0 MHz 1000 watts peak output) running the filament at the
lowest setting....Just where the power dropped off then increase a
little....4+ years of continuos transmit with the same tube...I cannot
remember the tube number. It was a tetrode running 3800 volts on the plate
and about 800Ma of plate voltage and 375 volts of screen voltage....

I have spoken with many broadcast engineers and that is how they do it
too.....In low band TV (channel 2 and 4) and also in 100 MHz fm transmitters
25-35 kW range.

Good luck..

73
Jim W7RY