[AMPS] SB-230 Power Supply Caps Replacement

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-230 Power Supply Caps Replacement
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 07:40:00 -0700
>Hello all, I am wondering if Digikey part number P10159-ND (Panasonic part
>No.ECO-S2WB151BA) would be a suitable replacement for the original 125uf
>450 Lytics used in the SB-230.

/\   Should be good.  My guess is that a bit higher C unit would fit in
the available space.

> It is an Long Life High Ripple Current
>+105c 150uf 450v part( max DC leakage 0.79ma). Also I am wondering if it
>would be wise to also replace the 100k Carbon EQ resistors(original).

/\   Measure the R of the carbon units.  If any are off by  >5%, I would
use Panasonic's 3w, 100k MOF resistors since they tend to be more stable.
 So far, we have sold over 7,000 units and we have not had one report of
a failure.

cheers, Mike

-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734, www.vcnet.com/measures.
end