[AMPS] Tuned Input Circuit Board

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Tuned Input Circuit Board
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 10:33:11 -0400
> FAR Circuits is offering up a copy of the Tuned Input
> Board made for the Dentron GLA-1000B amplifier.  It
> may be a good way to install a Tuned Input into other
> amps.  I have some of them and have found them to be
> excellent boards and very well made.

Amp supply and Dentron always had trouble with DIP relay failures
in the ten meter position of that board when used for heavy CW
use, like contesting. This was especially true with tubes having a
lot of input capacitance or low driving impedances.

Other than being unreliable with high duty-cycle ten meter
operation, and an occasional problem on 15 meters, the boards
worked quite well.

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com