[AMPS] Re: Parasitics

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Parasitics
From: k1xt@hotmail.com (bill thomas)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 13:44:41 -0500
I once had a Henry 2K-3 in which I installed Mr. Measures' suppressor kit.
I thought I was doing a good thing.  The first time I put it on 15 meters
several of the resistors exploded much as a shotgun shell would do. I
promptly went back to the Henry factory suppressors and never had another
problem, nor did I have a problem prior to that.  For some stupid reason I
was convinced that that bit of nichrome was going to save me from eminent
disaster.  In my 25 years of hamming, never have I experienced a parasitic
with my Henry 2K-3 (2x3-500z's), My AL1200 (3cx1200A7), or my Henry 3K
Classic X (8877).

This suppressor kit thing reminds me of the travelling salesman selling cure
all elixir out of the back of his wagon.  "Guaranteed to cure your gold
sputtered meatballs...."

Bill Thomas   k1xt