[AMPS] E-mail with V attached

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] E-mail with V attached
From: kc5ajx@hotmail.com (Rick Bullon)
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 04:37:05 +0000
One way to avoid this problem is simple and cheap.
Don't download any email to your computer. Use a web based email system like
Hotmail. That way nothing is loaded on your hardrive and Hotmail scans ALL
attachments for V's before it lets you download the attachment.
Another plus is you don't have to wait for the email to be downloaded it is
already for you to read when you log on and if you want to save a message to
your computer there is a provision to move it to a local folder on your
hardrive. Also you can read messages sent to your pop mail box( the address
you use at your ISP for mail)in Hotmail.
I have tried to download attachments that had known V's in them to a old
computer I have here and Hotmail will simply not let me do it no way!!!
The downside to this method is unless you move ALL your messages to you
local folders you have to be online to read your mail Not much of a downside
if you pay a flat monthly fee for internet access.
I have had most of the know V's sent to this email address and I have never
had a V on my machine since I started using Hotmail. Another thing is
Hotmail is always current with a the V updates
73
Rick
KC5AJX