[AMPS] RJ-iAvacuum relay

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] RJ-iAvacuum relay
From: paulc@mediaone.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 08:23:46 -0400
I had a similar experience with RF Parts several years ago.  I had ordered
either a Jennings RJ-1A or Kilovac HC-1 and upon receipt, I noted that it
was surplus and looked like it had been in a very corrosive environment for
an extended period of time.  Knowing that the outside condition is not
indicative of a vacuum relay's performance, I installed it only to find that
it was also electrically defective.  I received full credit from RF Parts,
but what disturbed me most was that I paid top-dollar (~$90 - $100) for a
surplus relay.  Nothing on their web page indicated that the product was
used and surplus.  Again, this was several years ago and they may be more
forthcoming with this fact.  Anyway, I've been purchasing surplus RJ-1As
through Allan Bonds in Marietta, GA for a fraction of the RF Parts price and
so far, I haven't been disappointed.

-Paul, W9AC