[AMPS] 572B and an old FL2000B

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 572B and an old FL2000B
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:19:17 -0700
>The article describes a six-meter conversion to a Swan
>Mark-1.  I have also converted a Swan M-1 to six and found
>it to be a fine oscillator at 75Mhz.  Suppressors cured that
>one.

//   If an amplifier is neutralized at the parasitic frequency, it would
not oscillate there.  Which frequency did Bill Orr say was neutralized -
the parasitic or the fundamental?
-  An anode-resonance of 75MHz suggests that there was a lengthy lead
beteen the Tune-C and the anodes.  What was the grid-resonance?

tnx, Paul

>> >Bill Orr gives an example of single ended GG neutralization
>> >in the Eimac amateur service newsletter #29.  I believe
>he
>> >discusses the subject in his handbook but would have to
>look
>> >and see.  You really have to make several mistakes in
>layout
>> >to require neutralization in a GG amp.
>> >Paul
>> >
>> Are we talking about neutralization at the parasite
>frequency (i.e., the
>> anode resonnce) or neutralization at the operating
>frequency?  I had an
>> Orr handbook and  I do not recall seeing such a circuit,
>Gonset tried
>> neutralization on a 4, 811A amp. and it was somewhat less
>than stable.
>>
>> cheers, Paul
>>
>> >PAUL HEWITT
>> >WD7S PRODUCTIONS