[AMPS] CTI ComTEC, Inc.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] CTI ComTEC, Inc.
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 17:49:21 -0700

>TRIODES ARE GOOD, TETRODES ARE
>BETTER.........................................
>
>Fellow Hams,
>
>Over the past week, there were several emails from Tom, Paul and Richard
>questioning printed information from our web site regarding our PLA-800
>amplifier.  I would like to thank all of you for the lively discussion.  It
>prompted me to re-read my technical description of our PLA-800 and discover
>the error that was being discussed.
>
>The issue of screen current regulation was a typo mistake ...

//  This was an easy mistake to make since good engineering practice is
to incorporate some means of limiting screen dissipation to a safe level.
 However, screen current limiting must not happen during normal signal
conditions.  If it did, distortion would result.
-  However, the orig. statement appears to contain a specious error
instead of a typographical error.

cheers, Phil

-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734,AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures.
end