[AMPS] parts needed for 4cx-250 amp I am building

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] parts needed for 4cx-250 amp I am building
From: k7dd@qwest.net (Mike Baker)
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 08:28:19 -0700
Hi Chuck,
    Look up a "Surplus metals" company in your area.  We have several here
in the greater Phoenix area but my favorite is Davis Metals.  They usually
have a good selection of surplus alum or stainless sheet and alum angle
stock.  Add either rivets (not necessarily my favorite buy useful) or
counter sunk holes and matching bolts (in SS) or "PEM nuts" will build any
manner of chassis or use it to make a reinforced "Pan" type of construction.
    If the surplus metals folks don't have a sheet metal sheer available
then you will have to locate one to use.  Sometimes a High School/Junior
High School/trade school metal shop has one that the instructor would be
willing to make a few cuts for you either for nothing or a small donation to
their metals fund.  Don't overlook the opportunity to make friends with a
metal shop teacher when you can.  If you have talents to trade for services,
(your into refrigeration or computers or ??? that is his weak spot) you
might end up with a nearly life long source of skills and services not
normally available to the average ham.  Besides, he might get interested in
Ham Radio and then you have helped out the hobby and hopefully made a
friend.
    Best 73
Mike Baker  K7DD
k7dd@qwest.net