[AMPS] SB-220 Plate Voltage / Output Problem

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-220 Plate Voltage / Output Problem
From: K7xq@aol.com (K7xq@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 14:57:17 EDT

I recently try using my SB-220 on 15 and 10 meter trying to break a pile up and
found it was only putting out only 200 watts Max regardless of grid drive and
up to 500 ma Plate Current( saturated output with 20 watts input) . In looking
at the Plate HV Voltage, I am only seeing 1500 VDC ( shouldnt it be @ 3000 VDC
??? )on standby unloaded. It looks like my Voltage Doubler has failed
somewhere. It is wired for 110 VAC and there is no noticable damage components
and wiring inside the unit.
What component would be the likely candidate to replace ???
My DVM is only rated for 1000 VDC so how do I go about troubleshooting the
voltage doubler to find the bad part or problem ???

Jeff K7XQ