[AMPS] Alpha question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Alpha question
From: jsschuster@snet.net (jsschuster)
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 00:16:06 -0400
I will be operating at a station with two Alpha 87A's , and the owner
says there is a problem if both amps are on 10, 15, or 20 (not on the
same band). The reflected power goes up and the amp shuts down when the
second amp is transmitting. I am thinking of using a single stub on
each. If "A" is on 15, and "B" is on 10, Ill put a qurter wave open stub
for 10 on "A", and a similar one for 15 on the output of "B".
Has anyone experienced this with 87A's, and do you think a single stub
will do it as described? Sorry if this has been discussed before. Tnx
JACK W1WEF
(Antennas are three F12 tribanders on one tower spaced at least 30
ft...each rig has a Dunestar 600)