[AMPS] Eimac Mechanical Sample

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Eimac Mechanical Sample
From: dhearn@ix.netcom.com (dan hearn)
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 07:54:00 -0700
Hi Richard: I lived in Dallas until 3 years ago. A number of years back
there was a guy there who built and sold a number of linears using 8877
tubes, All of the tubes were marked Mechanical Sample. He told me that
he was trading TI calculators to someone at Eimac for the tubes. He
worked at TI.
  My next door neighbor in Fairview was and I believe still is a sales
engineer for Varian. When the sales office in Keystone Park, near TI
closed, he worked out of his home. One day he asked me if I was
interested in some tubes which went to him when the office closed. He
gave me a new 8877 with chimney and socket, and a 3-500z which was
stamped mechanical sample. Inside the box was a set of test data and a
note saying the tube was OK. I believe many tubes are in existence
marked mechanical sample which are good tubes. I have not used the 3-500
but am pretty sure it is a new, first class tube. 73, Dan, N5AR