[AMPS] 4CX800 Idle Current a bit high

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 4CX800 Idle Current a bit high
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 07:50:55 -0800

>I have a 4cx800 that has 350volts screen voltage, -56volts
>grid bias and 2200volts plate voltage. The specs say it should
>idle at 150ma.  It idles at 200ma.  My question is:
>
>What is the preferred voltage to adjust to move it to 150ma?

/    In  Class AB1 gtid-driven service, the screen and/or the grid
potential can be used to set ZSAC.   To take full advantage of the tube's
emissive ability, the screen needs to operated at max rated V.  To
achieve max linearitty, the grid potential needs to be operated at a neg.
potential high enough to result in 0 grid-current with max drive.

cheers, Doug

-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734,AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures.
end