[AMPS] Low Pass Filters and Amplifiers

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Low Pass Filters and Amplifiers
From: bobwade@earthlink.net (Bob Wade)
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 20:02:56 -0800
Perhaps a silly question but is there better high frequency suppression and
or additional power handling capability if two identical low pass filters
are placed in series at the output of the amplifier?  Other than the obvious
"twice the insertion loss", are there any benefits or drawbacks to this type
installation?  I'm looking at 2KW PEP with or without a tuner.
By the way, any recommendations on a GOOD Legal Limit Tuner?  I've heard so
many pros and cons, it's hard to choose.  I would like to hear REAL LIFE
experience... especially on 160 Meters at full power into a Butternut HV-2
with 160 kit.

As always, your comments and thoughts are appreciated.

Bob - WA9NFO
bobwade@earthlink.net