[AMPS] 100% duty cycle

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 100% duty cycle
From: nospam4me@juno.com (skipp isaham)
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 11:03:33 -0800
-
Peter,
-
I almost fell back in my chair laughing when I read this. I
swear I've heard this guy or a similar type on 80 and 160
meter AM using a converted surplus broadcast transmitter
in "lock to talk" conversation.
-
[side bar idea]
A novel thought would be to have a small computer
monitoring large size amplifier operation, which would
reduce excessive - "gross" - abusive power levels over
some selected length of time.
I'm sure much of the processor overhead in some of
the high dollar amateur amplifiers could be available for
such additional tasks if not already doing said.
-
cheers
skipp
-