[AMPS] Request for Advice Please

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Request for Advice Please
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:04:48 -0800
Kevin, based on what you've said here, I'd go for the TL922 and use the
audible tuning indicators to tune it carefully.  For $450 it's a great deal,
and even if all the caps need replacement, it's still a good deal.  The
AL811H is a cute and worthy amp but I don't think it will take sustained
tuneup time as well, and changing the 811A's to 572B's won't provide any
additional output power; that is limited by the HV supply.

73, Steve WB2WIK/6

"Each success only buys an admission ticket to a more difficult problem." --
Henry Kissinger