[AMPS] HV Pole Pigs ++ (OT)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] HV Pole Pigs ++ (OT)
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 07:53:39 -0800
Wonder if they use baluns for this application <grin>?  After all, the
transformer and load (people's homes) is balanced, and the HT distribution
system is obviously unbalanced (hard to believe the soil resistance equals
the 1-conductor copper wire resistance)...maybe they use a beefed-up BN-86?

-WB2WIK/6