[AMPS] Isolation Transformer Voltage

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Isolation Transformer Voltage
From: ko4nrbs@yahoo.com (Bill Smith)
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 11:22:35 -0800 (PST)
I came across a Power Conditioner that was being
tossed out.  I stripped everything out but the
transformer so I could use it as an isolation
transformer.  I was hoping to get the input voltage to
the my amps down to about 118 to 120 or so.  I want to
make sure the Filament voltages are not too high as
they are on the high limit of the tubes now.

The transformer has two taps, one is 111 vac and the
other is 1:1 with the input power from the receptacle
at 122.3 vac.

What is the best way to lower this voltage other than
removing some turns from the transformer?  111 vac is
too low.
73,
Bill

=====