[AMPS] 20,000 Volt Variable Power Supply - Spellman - Ebay- Last Day

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 20,000 Volt Variable Power Supply - Spellman - Ebay- Last Day
From: norsan@bright.net (Norman Hockler)
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 20:30:08 -0500
Dan,

Rich's circuit is a voltage doubler with current limiting so you wont
damage components.  I used a 7500v neon bulb transformer, which gives you
just at 20kv.  Transformers can be bought for $5.  Surplus HV diodes, hv
resistors and caps are not to hard to find.  Used a fiberglass panel as the
base, with two wooden strips for feet.  An opaque plastic sheet for the
front panel.  It was easy to calibrate the meters and it comes in very
handy for testing all kinds of things.  It's not the most beautiful thing
in the world but it sure does the job. Can send you a picture if your
interested.

Norm  N8NH

Dan,

Wanna bet it sells for more than $100.   It does not make a good hi pot
tester as the current meter is in milliamps ( 0-3) and not in micro
amps  which is necessary to test many parts without blowing them up.

Norm  N8NH