[AMPS] I did a dumb thing!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] I did a dumb thing!
From: k7fm@teleport.com (Lamb)
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 05:24:19 -0800
If, despite your blunder, you predecease your 3-500 tubes, then we can say
that there was no serious long term effect.

However,  a full evalutation cannot be made of the consequences until either
you or the tube goes.  And, if the tube goes, an autopsy would need to be
made to determine whether cause is premature.

It is still possible that the next time you are working on the amp that both
tubes will still be good and you put them on the table and they both roll on
the floor and break.  If so, then we can safely say that the overvoltage
would not have cause any serious effect.

There is an old saying of "use them up, wear them out, make them do or do
without".  You are certainly following this saying well.

As the Dr. said: "watch what happens, and report back in 6 months".

Colin K7FM