[AMPS] Input matching experiment

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Input matching experiment
From: jstrohm@texas.net (jstrohm@texas.net)
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:31:06 -0500
HEEHEEHEEHEE

Actually, I had planned to attach the output to a TS-117 dummy load and monitor
temperature rise, and feed the input with a variety of QRP HF rigs, or with a
sig gen driving a broadband linear amp if I can kludge something up.

220 MHz is outside the scope of this experiment.  The purpose is to develop a
broad-banded input circuit for HF amps that requires no tuning but provides
better efficiency than an untuned input at little additional cost.

In general, broad-banding the input for VHF and UHF amps is not feasible
because the bands of interest are so far apart, and a tuned input can be
achieved at low cost with a couple of pieces of copper and some dielectric
sheet.

Jim N6OTQ