[AMPS] Tubes for sale (again)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Tubes for sale (again)
From: w4th@hotmail.com (Tom Hix)
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 02:20:50 -0600
<P><BR><BR></P>
<DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Sorry folks, evidently for some reason, the text did not come through on my
last post, so I will try it again.</P></DIV>
<P>For Sale: 3-500zg tubes. These tubes are 100% brand new. The only time they
have been out of their factory box was for testing.&nbsp; The tubes are toughly
checked before they are shipped. These tubes are really great. I have sold
several dozens and have yet to get&nbsp;any of them back.&nbsp;If you do have a
problem, just send it back for an exchange or&nbsp;refund, no hassle, no
gripes, no problems.</P></DIV>
<P>If you would like to see what some other folks have to say who have bought
tubes from me, just go to my web site and look at the references section.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P><A href="http://www.tomstubes.com/";>http://www.tomstubes.com</A></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P><BR>The price is $110.00 per tube plus shipping.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>I also have 4cx800a tubes. These are 1995/2000 year manufacture, not the 25+
year old tubes like&nbsp;most of the tubes you will see on ebay or on other web
sites.&nbsp; Price is $190.00 for a matched pair.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>I also have the SK1A tube sockets for the 4cx800a tubes.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Price: $54.95</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>I have a special if you buy a 4cx800a tube and a matching SK1A tube socket,
the price on the combination is $135.00 a savings of $15.00 over the individual
price. Be sure to remind me of this special price because I am only offering
this price to the Amp Reflector Group.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>I also need some input about something I am considering. I am thinking of
stocking the 3cx400a7 (8874) tubes. I understand there are many great old Alpha
amps that use that tube, and I get a good many inquires about that tube.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>My questions are these. Can anyone give me an idea of what price these tubes
are selling for when new? Also if you own an amp that uses these tubes what
kind of service&nbsp;life do your tubes have?&nbsp; Would you consider the
Svetlana brand of this tube if the price was cheaper by $20.00 when compared to
the Eimac brand?</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>If I can buy the tubes at a price which will allow me to resell them at a
price which is lower than anyone else, and if I feel the demand is there, I may
start selling these tubes.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Thanks for your time.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>73</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Tom................w4th<BR><BR><BR></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><EM><FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, Serif" color=#ff0066
size=4>Tom's Tubes: Your Russian Tube Connection. Specializing in Amateur
Amplifier Tubes, Heavy Duty&nbsp;Antenna Tuners, Remote&nbsp;or local
ladderline &amp; coax antenna switches.&nbsp;</FONT></EM></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><EM><FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#ff0066
size=4>http://www.tomstubes.com</FONT></EM></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>