[AMPS] 8295A any good?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 8295A any good?
From: wc6w@juno.com (Radio WC6W)
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 09:54:28 -0800
Hi Seli,
   Well, if the price is right!  Sure, buy them all!  Never know when you
might need a spare and I don't believe that those are still made.

   That tube is the later version of the old Penta PL-172.

   The only reference that comes to mind is an article from QST, March
1959.  It details a grounded grid implementation.

   It should also work fine in a grid driven AB-1 configuration with a
swamped input.  The layout would be very similar to a 4CX1000A, which
inspired more articles.

73 & Good morning,
   Marv  WC6W

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002 18:27:19 -0000 "Arsaell Oskarsson" <aosk@isl.is>
writes:

> Hi fellow hams,
>
> I came across 8295A tubes, brand new, made by Eimac, for a very good
> price.
> Does anyone know if these are any good for an amp.? Maybe have some
> drawings
> ?
> Should I buy more than one?
>
> 73's de TF3AO