[AMPS] Porcelain Standoffs

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Porcelain Standoffs
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 08:14:24 -0800
Are these in the RF section or the DC power supply?  Sounds like you mean
the RF section...

No matter how good the material is, many such standoffs actually have very
little space inside to separate the bottom (mounting) and the top (component
attachment) machine screws that thread into them.  I have some very hefty 2"
long insulators that actually only have about .15" of ceramic between the
two screws, if long screws are used.  I've blown some of those up, over the
years.

"Carbon pitting?"

-WB2WIK/6

"Each success only buys an admission ticket to a more difficult problem." --
Henry Kissinger