[Amps] Adequate Cooling Air for Four 811A's

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Adequate Cooling Air for Four 811A's
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 13:13:12 -0800

> How much air should I provide to keep four 811A's
> cool?  Thought I would buy a new Dayton Squirrel cage
> Fan.

        Won't that make the squirrels dizzy?

        Seriously, 811A's aren't "forced air cooled" tubes.  I'd think a
120mm "muffin" type fan would be more than sufficient.  Squirrel-cage fans
(centrifugal blowers) are designed to provide a lot of air pressure against
heavily restricted systems, such as external anode tubes.  With no
restrictions, they have no advantage whatever, and indeed actually move far
less air (volume) than similarly sized axial fans.

        WB2WIK/6